Introduction to Spirituality (Talk)
☛ WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THIS EVENT?
This talk is for anyone who has an interest in spiritual topics and wishes to get a global understanding of the subject. Unlike many ‘traditional’ discipline seen as desirable by modern society, spirituality is left mostly untouched during school years. Sometimes qualified of ‘occult’, ‘mystic’ or ‘esoteric’ knowledge, these words are just a deterrent for the masses.
There is universal truth and wisdom contained within spiritual teachings, many of which would benefit everyone to know. This Introduction to Spirituality talk will help demystifying the topic in the mind of the attendees, and give them some key elements to see for themselves if it is worth exploring the topic more. At a collective level, many people have been experiencing a spiritual awakening in the last decade or so—and this phenomenon is accelerating. This talk addresses this new public particularly.
- What is spirituality?
- Spirituality and what it means for you
- Spirituality primer
- Another perspective on today’s world situation
- Closing Notes
⏰ DURATION: 90 minutes
✅ THIS EVENT IS FOR YOU IF:
- You do not know where to start but would like a short overview of spirituality
- You feel irresistibly attracted to finding answers to questions such as “why am I here?” or “what is the meaning of life?”
- You want to learn how to live a life more balanced and be authentic with your true self
- You are more and more withdrawing from what ‘normal life’ used to be and you started seeking answers to deep questions about the meaning of life
- You had experiences you can’t explain (e.g. moments of inner knowing and peace, leaving temporarily your physical body, having extra-sensorial perceptions)
❌ THIS EVENT MAY NOT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You believe you know everything about how the world works or human nature
- You don’t like stepping out of your comfort zone
- You are not curious
- You believe the history of the world to be strictly what is printed in the history books you studied as a child
- You are convinced science has got everything figured out
- You are certain you are just a mammal which by some random chance has developed self-awareness
- You find the idea of a God or a higher power utterly ridiculous
⚡️AT THE END OF THIS EVENT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- explain what is the difference between religion and spirituality
- describe how science and religion have evolved separately yet are not opposite of each other
- list the main spiritual traditions
- understand the key questions on the spiritual path
- get a sense of what type of spiritual activities are available today
- be aware of the obstacles and pitfalls on the way of the spiritual seeker so you can navigate them better
- understand the qualities required to progress spiritually
- consider a different perspective on: time and space, death, human anatomy
- assess if you are currently experiencing the symptoms of a spiritual awakening
⚑ If you would like to access the Slides of the presentation, subscribe to the newsletter here.
🔒 Subscribers get access to the full resolution file
Back to top of page |
Back to current section |
Back to home